Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What Does It Say...

What does it say about my readers that the bulk of you are driven to this site by typing "Get Laid in China" into the Google Search Engine?


Should I put in more recipes, or concentrate on the folly of dating here? I could post the most disturbing email I have ever received, which was entitled "How (Not) to Stage an Orgy" but I was kind of saving it for an Abnormal Psych class I'm taking this fall. Besides, once I start down that slippery slope of writing about other people's dark obsessions I am far less likely to write about mine, which revolve mostly around books, cooking, and singing.



A note: for a long time, Jennifer Lancaster's website, http://www.jennsylvania.com/, was blocked in China, as was Ayun Halliday's site http://www.dirtysugarcookies.com/

I finally got a VPN so I could read both. Jennifer's site was promptly unblocked--I guess the government decided that a nation of females devoted to a surly ex-sorority goddess were hardly like to stage a revolution--so now any old yahoo can read her online (and laugh--I know I do.) However, Ayun, either your site has been cleverly confounded so that your last recipe for Monkfish McNuggets is the only post we can see here (VPN or not) OR you have stopped writing your blog. Dear Lady, you are busy, but I can't tell you how many times I have scored from your pumpkin pie recipe, which I christened "Naughty Pumpkin Pie" after the movie Waitress, and I sure wish you'd start food writing again. But the spirit moves where it will, so if that's the deal, and you are not food blogging, I'll accept whatever you are writing about. Just wish I could get your books--and Jennifer's--in China. Sigh.

As for you who read the Internet to find out how to get laid in China--when I figure it out, trust me, I'll tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment