Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back in Black

So, I was sitting in Lily's Nails when my cell phone buzzed with a new text and it was indeed but yet another disaster in the romance department. I immediately upped my order from a quick polish change to a full treatment pedicure (with massage),  manicure,  and a new set of false eyelashes (guaranteed to last a month--no mascara needed!) As three different women worked on me simultaneously--one on my feet, one on my hands and one behind me glueing my eyes shut -- I had several different thoughts flash through my head. First, it would take a single nip of the cuticle scissors to blind me (if I jerked or moved, tweezers would plunge straight into my eyeballs.) Second, I had just paid a lot of unknown women to touch me, and third, this was probably the closest to group sex that I would ever get--or, for that matter, any sex at all.


The pedicure was great--it included a salt scrub and moisturing treatment which had my plump calves slathered with lotion, wrapped in baggies and thrust into electronic booties. The massage was to die for--I am learning to relax into the massage and not run screaming away from probing knuckles (on my feet, that is.) Eyelashes--nice, not too flashy. Manicure--lovely, but ruined within 24 hours as my nails are like cellophane and I tend to use them as tools. As I contemplated the ruin of my manicure hours later, my phone buzzed with another text: That Man wanted to see me, and I compared my fragile little nails to my soul: is it there to be used and ruined, or honored and allowed to grow strong?



I said the hell with it, and rather than replying, hit "delete" then "block sender."



Yay me.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way, be proactive! Also, full mani/pedi treatment is always the best path to take in these circumstances. You might feel shitty, but there's no need to look shitty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete