Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pooped

I'm tired, tired, tired, but I have one of those congested snotty noses in a month where it's non-stop go for several weeks. I may not have enough time to do anything fantastic for Saint Patrick's Day, for example. I won't have enough time to make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. Screw Lent, I've already given up conversation, an automobile, and the chance of happiness in the form of regular monkey lovin', so asking me to give up sugar is just plain martyrdom and a one-way ticket to hell for all concerned. This weekend I have MJN2 (Mysterious Job Number 2) a dinner with The Rose, a trip to a publishing company to give advice about an upcoming teacher training video, a trip to the salon to take off the Amazing Forever Nail Color which is weilded onto my fingertips via a light box (and which while glossy and wonderful has shown the world exactly how fast my nails grow) and oh yes, papers to grade, and to sort, lessons to plan, dogs to walk, clothes to wash, food to buy, and with luck an hour or two of snoozing in a taxi when I have to get up at four to get to Job 2 by seven-thirty on Sunday morning. Next week I have THREE jobs--Teaching Gig (full time) Number One, MJN2, and a voice recording. It's Thursday, and I'm tired. I may well be tired for another eighteen days, which is the first time I will get a day off since February.


It would help if I didn't have as much noise and distraction at night as I do, but I can't shut my bedroom door or else the two moron doggies I live with will butt it with their heads until I am sufficiently pissed off to give up and open the door so they can bound in. One will slip under the bed to snore the night away (when he's not tap-dancing across the bare spots on the floor with his razor-sharp toenails) and the other will think nothing of treading over me on her way to the side of the bed. If I had known what no sleep can do to a girl's complexion I probably would have said "No" to the animals but hey, who knew.



One unexpected stroke of luck: I got a taxi right outside my school, and didn't hit any traffic on the way to town today. I had expected the usual 2 hour commute but I arrived in precisely 19 minutes. I didn't get my nap in, but I can't complain: I saved a fortune on the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment