Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Ho Ho Ho

The Food Ho had a new gastric experience last night: Game Pie made with Wild Boar. Deee--lightful! I had no idea that Wild Boar was so tasty--I usually date bores, not eat them. My oh my--there was mouthgasm for sure. Although the chef claimed he made the pickles as well I noticed that the jar still had a label from Crosse and Blackwell which was perfectly intact--no sign of having been boiled off--so that's a bit suspect. However, the combination was intense and flavorful. If only all food could be like that. I'm about to hop on a train for Mysterious Job Number Two, going to the far frozen reaches of the frickin' freezing North, and trust me, for the next two days, will be dining on salt, instant noodles, MSG, and more salt. I loathe train travel, particularly here, but am Taking One For The Team  (Ah, the Job That Doth Not Dare Speak Its Name!) Yes, I'm pissed off about it, but memories of last night's Game Pie have soothed most of the ruffled feathers of my soul (but not all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment