Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tiny Updates of Little Importance

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking. I've had two weeks straight from the bowels of Satan--overloaded on work, stupidity, bad planning (not on my part) and more. Among other things--a houseguest disassembled my bookcases to make it "easier" when I move (I'm not moving) and I am jumping over stalagmites of books all over the floors on my way out the door. The doggies are morose because the weather turned cold and shitty again. I have a friend in town who is unable to comprehend the schedule I drew up which stated "I can see you at THIS time or THIS time but you have to let me know NOW which one" and who keeps texting me, "Are you free now?" No, I'm not. I have two full time jobs. The main one changes my schedule at whim--seriously, I got this week's teaching schedule at FIVE THIS MORNING. It's Monday. That's right--I had no idea what my schedule was for the week until Monday morning. And yes--it changed radically. As for job number two--that's scheduled a month in advance, except I have to keep changing it at the last minute when job number one flexes its stupidity muscle and changes everything at the last minute. It was Mother's Day yesterday and I spent it at job number two, and now I'm tired, and the doggies want to be walked, and all I want is to go back to bed crooning love songs to baths, because I only have a shower and I would love, love, love, to be submerged in a hot tub with lots of sweet smelling bubbles. Instead, I will put on pantyhose and a business suit and go walk the dogs. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment