Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Hell

As soon as I have recovered my strength I will post about the terrifying and destructive journey known as Taking Drama Kids to Drama Competition, but I am too tired and still shaking from the horror. Suffice to say, I have given up waaaaaay too much free time to get this thing done, and a school that can't even be arsed enough to SEND ME THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS doesn't deserve to have me on board. School: do you think I ENJOY giving up my weekends? The kids, however, were lovely. Judges, I'm still not sure how you can tell kids who are wearing microphones to "project" and how you can't recognize melodrama or Shakespeare but you can praise trite performances of  "Maria teaches the children to sing from Sound of Music" and "Oh, no, I am a fish, you can tell I fish I wear hat is fish on it" as "original and to the point."  Or heap praise on a multi-act drama entitled, "In Search of His Root." Yanks, you DO know the meaning of "root", yes? FYI, judges, my kids wrote their play themselves. Suck it, judges, suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment