Monday, July 22, 2013

Karma's a bitch and so am I

So, the other day I went to Girl's Street to do a spot of shopping. I parked my motorcycle in the designated spot--delighted to find a space directly in front of the alley I wished to shop in--and after locking my bike I was able to dash into the two stores I wanted to shop at, and returned to my bike in less than 20 minutes.


During that time not one but TWO people parked their bikes directly behind mine, making it impossible to leave the parking lot without first moving their motorbikes. Both were chained through their wheels, so I couldn't simply push them out of the way. Both were very heavy. And to make things worse, there WERE empty spaces not six meters away---the owners of the bikes had simply chosen to drop their bikes dead center of the parking spaces so they wouldn't have to walk a few extra meters. So, what could I do--sit and wait for them to come back, and then ask them meekly to move their bikes please? Hell, no: I was pissed. So I picked up the largest of the bikes and dragged it into the middle of the very busy road and laid it on its side none-too-gently on the ground. I went back and kicked the smaller bike out of the way and rode off. The security guard who watched the whole thing--including, I believe, the miscreant assholes parking their bikes where they did--gave me a sly wave as I took off, angry and triumphant and feeling very ticked off that I had to act this way to make my point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment