Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Three Dirtiest Words In My World

Just in case you don't know me, let me state this loud and clear: the three dirtiest words in my world are these: Girl. Scout. Cookies.

Thanks to the miracle that is airmail, the local Girl Scouts did indeed get a large, large shipment of Girl Scout Cookies flown into Beijing for sale throughout the local community. The hell with the presales: if I want some, I just have to go to the Troop Leader's classroom and hand over a large wad of cash (50 RMB) and then heaven is mine. I'm not in weight loss mode right now--maintenance is about all I have the time and patience for--and having a drawer full of heaven is not a good idea as I am powerless over Thin Mints and Nassaus. So, I bribed students to perform small errands (read: pranks) for me with a handful of cookies as a reward. One particularly fun prank earned its perpetrator an entire sleeve.

I've just spent 200 RMB to support the Girl Scouts and I am glad that I got to taste some of my childhood in return.

But one small note: Arnott's Mint Slice are way, way better than Girl Scout Thin Mints. Call me crazy, but  after you taste them you will once again concede that I am queen of the biscuits. All bow. Hmm, wonder if I can come up with a good homemade version of Mint Slice? With mint fondant, and a nice bittersweet coating? I think I have just decided what I'm doing this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment