Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frightfully Busy, What ho!

Well, it's true: between work, grad school, and the odd TV show appearance, I've been putting in 19 hour days: up at five, hit the computer, walk dogs, shower, go to work, work during lunch time, come home, walk dogs, wolf down dinner, hit the computer. Add repeated blowing of nose from sinus infection/hayfever and you have the portrait of someone who is No Damn Fun.

I'm going away for a few days for a show--judging English. I'm actually only working a few hours Friday afternoon (after teaching all morning) and Sunday morning but I have to actually vacate Beijing to do it, given the distance of the TV studio from the town. Which means Friday night through Sunday night I am footloose and fancy free in another city, where I plan on checking out of whatever gruesome "Chinese three star hotel" they're putting me up in and taking a deluxe room at the Hilton. This 36 hour break will be my year's vacation, the one and only time I am free from dogs, ayi, students, work. Naturally, during this time I have a ten-page paper to knock off for graduate school, but oh bliss, I can do it in my jammies--heck, NAKED if I want--without being interrupted by a wet little nozzle seeking reassurance that Mommy still loves him/her. (Yes, that would be one of the dogs.) I won't have to walk anyone. I won't be awakened by the sound of Satan's teeny tiny toenails tipping across the floor. No snoring or snarling in the middle of the night. No doggies jumping on to the bed and nudging me awake for a potty run. I have in my suitcase a bag of Doritos, French Roast Coffee, a coffee press, milk (boxed) and a box of Lucky Charms. This may not be YOUR heaven, but right now, these and a remote are mine. Bliss. Did I mention that I'll have my first bath in over a year?

Wish you were here!


Entitled: Sisterly Love Across the T#$%Sn Straight. There'll be none of THAT on MY vacation!


What for you give me English score five? I are ten! Die, Bitch Judge, Die!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's me the Oz Bitch from hell. Your first bath in a year, peeuuw! As for those little dim sum snacks you call dogs, sounds like you need to save up for a trainer to train them to pee in a litter box, so you can get some sleep. I mean, if you aren't being nudged awake by a throbbing hard-on, with the promise of hot, sweaty sex where you both get to scream Yes, YEs, YES!!! then it's just not worth it.

    Nice artwork, by the way.

    ReplyDelete