Monday, July 26, 2010

Starting

So, I've been kicking around this idea of blogging for a while. I even paid some Aussie loser a wad of cash to design the perfect site for me (ie, low tech, easy access, lots of retro graphics) but he shot off his big toe, got blood poisoning, and neglected to show up for court (largely because of the ensuing coma.) Anyway, he's Doing Time now, so that left me on my own to design The Blog. I went to good ol' Blogspot and started designing a new blog, only to have the site banned in China. Then I moved--twice--was fired--was offered a ton of new jobs which were, alas, mostly shite, packed up my daughter's apartment, flew from Beijing to Salem, Oregon, to Boston, back to Salem, and am now sitting down long enough to let my feet depuff while I take the plunge and just start posting. Sadly, the witty articles that were going to bring me fame and fortune--or at least get me some, heh-heh-heh--are on my hard drive back in Beijing, and I'm not going back there for another ten days. Blogging world, you will have to make due with my spontaneous wit wrung out from quick dashes to the only working computer in the house in the odd moment when Dad isn't gazing morosely at pictures of Naval ships or my daughter isn't using Ren Ren (like Facebook, but in Chinese.) Oh yes, one thing to add: my mother will gaze at me as I type and occasionally pat my arm. If this isn't distracting, then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment