Sunday, September 11, 2011

Time Flies. So Do Flies.

Just in case you've been wondering where I spent the last month...I moved. I had drunken teenage houseguests, and I started a new job. All three began within a 72-hour period. The job is a newly created position split over two different departments, which meant I missed out on key training on both sides as I was at Meeting A when Meeting B was occuring simultaneously. I had the joy of moving into a new flat--at least it's larger than the last one--while also trying to host daughter Lulu Belle and her beau, and the odd friend who crashed as well. I did not do Mysterious Job Number Two which is a shame as Lulu's tuition increased a LOT this year and I am now paying four times as much for rent as I did this time last year. The new job is incredibly demanding and I got maneuvered into doing things I consider an absolute waste of time (more on that later) such as wandering around the building looking for a computer in which to check daily emails because nobody thought to provide me with a desk or computer. I have to fight 18-year old teaching assistants for use of a shared computer. Let me recap: I have advanced degrees, but no where to put my coat or purse.  To say I am under stress is an understatement. For THIS I turned down a job in Sudan? No wonder I haven't posted: I haven't had time to eat a square meal, let alone write about one. Tell me that this too shall pass. Please.

1 comment:

  1. Things must be pretty shitty to be regretting turning down a job in the Sudan.

    ReplyDelete